When To Seek Care For COVID-19: Online Tool to Evaluate Symptoms
Anyone concerned about their own health or someone else’s can visit a free website to anonymously evaluate symptoms and get suggestions to counter them. Go to https://covidassessment.org.
The site was created by the USC Gehr Family Center for Health Systems Science and Innovation,and includes these reminders:
- If symptoms are mild, don’t go straight to a doctor’s office or urgent care. Call first.
- Until testing is widely available, save it for those sick enough to need hospitalization.
- Don’t ask for antibiotics. Antibiotics do not work for viral illnesses like COVID-19 and often cause side effects.
- Follow the advice of public health authorities.Separate yourself from others to prevent the virus from spreading.
- Don’t change your behavior in order to avoid picking up the virus. Assume you have the virus, and change your behavior to avoid passing it on.
Accessing Dental Care
Arcora Foundation, the foundation of Delta Dental of Washington, is using its free dental referral service, DentistLink, to connect people who either don’t have a current dental provider or can’t access dental providers in their area who can provide urgent care. DentistLink is a service focused on people who have Apple Health (Medicaid) or do not have insurance.
DentistLink has compiled a current list of dental providers who are available to alleviate dental pain and treat dental emergencies.
Here is how the DentistLink referral system works.
- People needing assistance can call or text DentistLink at 844-888-5465.
- A DentistLink referral specialist will respond as quickly as possible. Depending on volume, the user will likely hear back from DentistLink within a few hours.
- If the problem needs immediate attention, DentistLink will connect the user to a provider that is open to treat urgent problems.
- DentistLink is no cost to patients, dental care providers or community partners.
COVID-19 WEB PAGES AT AREA HOSPITALS
JBLM Madigan: https://www.mamc.health.mil/patients/COVID-19.aspx
Kaiser Permanente Washington: https://wa.kaiserpermanente.org/html/public/about/coronavirus
St Anthony’s/CHI Franciscan: https://www.chifranciscan.org/patients-and-visitors/covid-19.html
Billing suspended: CHI Franciscan, as part of Chicago-based CommonSpirit Health, announced that it is suspending billing for COVID-19 testing and treatment system-wide. This effort will expand access to COVID-19 care across CHI Franciscan’s eight acute care hospitals and more than 200 clinics, regardless of the patient’s ability to pay. (March 19)
VA Puget Sound Health Care: https://www.pugetsound.va.gov/emergency/index.asp