For the period of:
Dec. 15 2012 to Jan. 15, 2013
Total Calls: 126
Medics responded to a local church where a 14-year-old male had possibly overdosed after a disagreement with his mother. He was evaluated at scene and transported by ambulance to an area hospital for further evaluation and treatment.
Medics responded to a call of a man unable to get up. Firefighters went to the address finding what appeared to be an abandon home. Inside the home, they found the man to be very thin and dehydrated, and living with empty cupboards. He was taken to a local hospital and his living conditions where reported.
Due to icy conditions, a 48-year-old woman slipped and fell in a Key Center parking lot and sustained a bruise on her shin. The woman decided to call for the assistance of the KP Fire. The responding crew did not find a significant injury and she was transported to a care center by private vehicle for further evaluation.
Crews responded to the aid of a 67-year-old woman with acute abdominal distress. Due to the home’s rural location and inadequate signage identifying the property, response to the scene was delayed. Access to the patient was also challenging due to a seasonal stream crossing the footpath to the residence. Once the woman was transferred from the home to the medic unit, she was treated and transported to St. Anthony Hospital.
Medics responded to a report of a man who had been stabbed in the face. Sheriff’s deputies who arrived first, deemed the man’s injuries to be of a minor nature, and cancelled the fire department response.
Firefighters responded to a vehicle collision in the 8500 block of SR-302. One driver with minor injuries was transported by ambulance to an area hospital for evaluation.
The Key Peninsula Fire Department was busy this day and transporting multiple patients to area hospitals.
Firefighters responded to a commercial occupancy building in Longbranch where a fire alarm had been activated. Firefighters found an indicator showing a water flow problem, but no source for the problem was located. The system was reset and turned over to facility maintenance personnel.
Firefighters were dispatched to a Home residence where a 55-year-old man called 9-1-1 claiming he was having a malaria attack. The man is known to suffer from psychological issues, which seemed to be aggravated by the consumption of alcohol. The man eventually became combative after convincing himself the firefighters were actually agents from Homeland Security. The crew restrained the man and called for back-up from the Sheriff’s office. He was transported to a local hospital for evaluation and treatment.
A 50-year-old Grapeview woman was involved in a collision at 118th Avenue and SR-302. She said she looked down at her speedometer for just a moment, and when she looked up there was a car stopped in front of her. She swerved into the oncoming traffic and struck a truck head on. The woman was taken to a local hospital for an ankle fracture. Her passenger, and the driver of the truck, were shaken but uninjured.
A 36-year-old Vaughn woman was treated and transported to St. Anthony Hospital for seizure activity. The woman was asleep when her boyfriend noticed she was not breathing normally and presented with seizure-like movements.
A 20-year-old man was having emotionally difficulties and was beginning to inflict harm upon himself when family members called 9-1-1 for assistance. The man was treated and transported to St. Anthony Hospital for further evaluation and treatment.
Firefighters were called to a Lakebay residence where a 63-year-old woman was choking on bread. Responders arrived within six minutes to find the woman had worked the obstruction loose and was breathing without difficulty. Paramedics assessed her, but she declined ambulance transport for follow-up at an emergency room. She was left at home in the care of family members.
A family in Lakebay had to step out into sub-freezing temperatures after a smoke detector alerted them to a chimney fire. The metal flue of the wood stove was described as cherry red while they heard crackling inside the pipe. Firefighters investigated using a thermal imaging camera to look for extension of the fire. The fire was confined to the stove pipe and the occupants were advised to have the pipe professionally cleaned and inspected prior to using it again.
A 76-year-old Minter woman was found on the floor next to the front door by her husband. The woman was confused and could not tell EMT’s what had happened. She was transported to a local hospital.
A 30-year-old Lakebay man was picked up at a friends house for a ride home but during the ride he became unconscious. The driver panicked, pulled into a fire station, attempted CPR and screamed for help. The man was transported to a local hospital for a possible drug overdose.
A 49-year-old Wauna man called 9-1-1 after experiencing chest tightness and difficulty breathing. Despite his young age, his history suggested he may be a candidate for a heart attack. Key Peninsula Medic One transported him to a local hospital for further evaluation and treatment.