For the period of:
March 15 to April 15
Total Calls: 138
Key Peninsula Firefighters responded to a 911 call just after shift change on Thursday morning. The call was for an elderly Gig Harbor man awoken with visual problems that he feared was a stroke. The man was taken to a local hospital as a precautionary measure for observation.
Firefighters responded to reports of a residential structure fire around midnight. Once on scene it was discovered a shed had caught fire and spread to the adjacent house which was found unoccupied after a thorough search. Firefighters stopped the fire at the house garage and saved the house. Three Key Peninsula engines and two water tenders were used in the firefight. No injuries were received during the event.
Firefighters were called to the residence of a 60-year-old Wauna man early Thursday morning. The man had fallen while going up stairs in his home after taking his medication for the night. The man injured his lower back during the fall. The man was taken to a local hospital for evaluation and treatment.
Firefighters responded to a 911 call for an overdose. The call was made by a Wauna woman’s neighbor after finding her having consumed alcohol and possibly pills. The woman was transported to a local hospital emergency room for evaluation and observation.
Key Peninsula Fire medics responded to a young Minterwood woman for abdominal pain. The woman’s day started with a migraine and then she became ill and developed stomach pains during the day. The woman was transported to a local hospital for treatment.
Firefighters responded to reports of a cardiac arrest late Sunday afternoon. The 50-year-old Gig Harbor man was said to have been on the phone with relatives when the call abruptly stopped. 911 was called later and medics were unable to revive the man.
In addition to responding to medical aid calls on this day, crews responded to an unattended beach fire on the Purdy Spit. Though the fire was small in size, it was unauthorized. The property is owned by Pierce County Parks, which prohibits fires on their properties.